Pages

Monday 30 June 2014

Sewing is sexy...at least that's what I tell myself



I'm not entirely sure what prompted me to start sewing again. It certainly wasn't my GCSE Textiles course, in which I managed to somehow scrap a pass, but at a push. I expect it's more to do with the fact that I love clothes and I love making things and ultimately I love to be a bit different. I am that person who scours vintage markets and charity shops and buys a dress that most normal people wouldn't be seen dead in. But I don't care; I don't care that people call me quirky and kookie (a compliment surely, I mean who wants to be normal?)



Plus, sewing is just another thing for me to learn and add to my ever growing list of hobbies and with this in mind I signed up for another evening sewing class with the lovely ladies at Ditsy Doodles in Cirencester. They helped me to decipher the, quite frankly, Phd level dress making instructions and set me on my way to making my first ever piece of clothing.



And here is the dress style that I have chosen. I  am going to attempt the one with the little peter pan collar and buttons.

And rather than opt for the garish, neon like, like the models above, I have chosen this beautiful brown and mustard tartan, with a mustard collar and matching buttons. 




I'll update with my progress shortly and hopefully I'll have a fab 1960s dress hanging in my wardrobe before the week is out. 

VV x




No comments:

Post a Comment