Pages

Sunday 5 January 2014

Remember these...?

I had a wonderful childhood. Even now in my 30s I love nothing more than sitting with my family and playing a good old fashioned board game. Many weekends have been whiled away fitting tiny puzzle pieces together with the help of my sister and our most recent game, aka a battle,was the excellent Ludo, which we used to play at our grandparents when we were little.

How many of these do you remember enjoying?

I'm sure they don't make games as intricate as Mouse Trap anymore?

 
I used to love this game. This bed would vibrate and the bugs jumped up and down and then, with your tweezers each player had to pick up as many bugs as possible. Fabulous.

 
It was so hard to get the little rings on the sticks!

 
And this is our beloved Ludo, complete with the popper dice in the middle. Playing with my sister, who is very ruthless is hilarious!

 
This was something I would play with my school friends when we were young teenagers. I am sure I believed that the boys on the end of the phone existed!
 
 


And this was, possibly, the last game we bought as a family, which was very complicated at the time, compared to Ludo anything was complicated!

VV x

No comments:

Post a Comment