Pages

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Cycling, it's wheely good

One of the things that I love about summer is the long, warm(er!) days. At Easter Jon and I promised ourselves that we would, at least once, make an effort to both get home early from work so that we could go on an evening bike ride. Despite our optimism and both of us agreeing that, 'how hard can it be to get home from work for 6pm?' we never actually managed it.

So, it is now the summer holidays and that precious thing called Time has slowed down and at our disposal for the next few weeks. We regularly cycle around where we live, luckily it is flat and beautiful and there is, more often than not, a pub at the end of the route (or sometimes at the beginning!)

Yesterday, I ventured out on my own and took the route through our village and across to the lake about 5 minutes ride away.

View from the cafe
 
 I stopped for a latte at the lakeside cafĂ© and sat a wrote a to-do list for our upcoming holiday (I write lists for everything) Then, I jumped on my bike feeling rather pleased with myself that my hobby is free, minus the coffees, cakes and lunches that are consumed en-route, and surely I must burn at least a few calories along the way. I also think that cycling is how travel is meant to be and I like that it is how many people got from A to B before the invention of cars and trains. Cycling is better than walking because you can, quite simply, go further. Unlike a polluting, cumbersome car, my bike is quiet, pollution free and can fit down little grass tracks which allow me to spot the most amazing wild creatures like hares and deer. If you haven't cycled in a while, I urge you to jump back on. After all, you never forget how to ride a bike.
 
                                 
Do you like my bike flowers that I bought from Bath Vintage Market?
 
 
 
VVx


No comments:

Post a Comment