Pages

Monday 5 August 2013

Yummy Breakfast Cookies

Yesterday's winter-like Sunday meant that I found myself in the mood for a bit of baking. I haven't baked much recently so it was fab to get back into the swing of things.

I have an amazing recipe book from Abel and Cole. It's amazing because it is mostly full of vegetarian recipes and I have made four of the recipes so far and every single one of them has been a success. Yesterday I thought I'd try to make the Breakfast Cookies, which was listed under the carrot section!



I have been looking for a cereal bar that isn't full of sugar my hunt has been a complete failure so I decided to give these a go. They are packed with carrots (odd you may think, but it really works), jumbo oats, nuts, dried fruit and honey. I used all organic ingredients, used less sugar than the recipe stated, used rye flour (less gluten than plain flour) and also added banana, pumpkin seeds and the wonder ingredient, flax seed.

 
If you fancy giving them a go yourself them here is the recipe, courtesy of Abel and Cole of course.
They really are yummy, sort of chewy with the honey and raisins and crunchy with the nuts and toasted corner bits (which are my favourite!)
 
VVx 
 
 
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment